Thursday, June 08, 2006

Guitar and violin recital beside Candan...

The cemetery echoed with tunes from Özgür Sağlam's acoustic guitar and Seval Kadıoğlu's violin on Tuesday, 6th June. The duo performed a brilliant interpretation of the following beside Candan:

1. Waltz in A minor (Frederic Chopin)
2. Cantabile for Guitar and Violin (Niccolo Paganini)
3. "Polo" and "Nana" from Spanish Suite No. 2 (Manuel de Falla)
4. Un Dia de Noviembre (Leo Brouwer)

The last piece, originally a film music by the Cuban composer, was rearranged by the duo themselves for guitar and violin. So we had the world premiere to bless Candan's soul.

Thanks to Özgür and Seval for taking the trouble to realize this and to Sezen who made the organization.

I hope you have enjoyed this, my dear daughter. I love you and miss you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Pellarin said...

Ah, I wish I had been there to hear this beautiful music. . . and I wish Soren had been there to hear it too or to join in on the viola.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home