Thursday, April 24, 2014

8. Candan Ödül Bayraktar "Çocuk Gözüyle Bale" Resim Yarışması / The 8th Candan Ödül Bayraktar "Ballet in the Eye of the Child" Art Competition

Sevgili Kızım,

Klasik sözdür, "Hepsi birbirinden güzel."  Gelgelelim ille bir seçim yapılır.

İşte bu yılın birincisi Cansu Bahtiyar'ın resmi...  Balenin renkleri ve sahne düzeni güzel yansıtılmış ha, ne dersin?

Dear Daughter,

There goes the classic saying "Every one is more beautiful than every one else."  Nevertheless a rating is made inevitably.

Here is this year's winner by Cansu Bahtiyar.  The colours and the stage set-up of ballet are reflected nicely, are they not, what do you think? 



Ve ikinci Hasan Erkam Ekşi'nin resmi...  Çobanın düşlemesi ilginç...

... and the runner-up by Hasan Erkam Ekşi...  Interesting imagination of the shepherd indeed...



Üçüncü resim ise Ömer Çınar Yazıcı'dan...  Bu yıl babanın hemcinslerinden iki resim var ilk üçte...  Burada ben "macabre" bir tarz görüyorum ve bir gün sanatçısıyla görüşmek isterim.

The third place went to Ömer Çınar Yazıcı.  This year your father's gender has won two of the top three prizes.  Here I see a "macabre" style and would like to have a word with the artist some day.



Ve izleyen küçük bale gösterisinden bir alıntı...  Balet, dostum korno sanatçısı Şahin Uçar'ın büyük oğlu Timur...  Balerinler arasında pek sevdiğin ve sevdiğim göz doktoru Meftun Alican'ın kızı da var.

... and an excerpt from the succeeding ballet performance...  The dancer is Timur, the eldest son of my hornist friend Şahin Uçar.  Among the ballerinas is the daughter of your and my beloved ophthalmologist Meftun Alican.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Pellarin said...

Only this morning did I think to come to Candan's site to see whether you had posted anything about the ballet art competition, and I was happy to find this posting. Thank you for posting these, Kilicaslan. The winning picture reminded me of a crayon drawing I did myself as a 7-year-old child, and I won a second-place ribbon in my school's art competition on May Day that year.

In the picture you called "macabre," I am not sure what the red images on the left signify, but I like the fact that the trees themselves are dancing!

I came here today because I was thinking of Candan yesterday on Mother's Day, probably because I will always think of her as one of my own too … the one who slipped away, and I was missing her again.

Thanks again for posting these, and I am wishing you well as we swing into summer.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home