Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Candan`s Blog Site

Hello, honey
I come here, to your spot, Candan, every day. I feel it is a way to stay close to you, check in with you and those who loved you. I wish I could read the Turkish postings. I can just pick out the occasional word, but the one I know is "bebeğim." My baby. I used to hear Soren talking to you, and he would murmur that endearment, and I heard you calling him that too. Candan, I think often now that I wish it were last year at this time because I could still call you up then. Because I could still send you a present. All I can still do now is continue to love and miss you.

-------------------------------

Merhaba tatlım

Her gün buraya, senin yerine geliyorum Candan. Sana yakın kalmanın, seninle ve seni sevenlerle kaynaşmanın bir yoludur bu diye düşünüyorum. Türkçe gönderileri okuyabilmeyi dilerdim. Arada bir sözcük yakaladığım oluyor, ama bildiğim "bebeğim". My baby yani. Soren'i seninle konuşurken duyardım, o sevgi sözcüğünü mırıldanırdı, senin de ona öyle dediğini duymuştum. Candan, sık sık düşünüyorum şimdi, geçen yıl bu vakitler olsaydı, çünkü hala seni arayabiliyordum o zaman. Çünkü hala sana hediye yollayabiliyordum. Şu anda hala yapabileceğim ise seni sevmeyi ve özlemeyi sürdürmekten ibaret.

2 Comments:

Blogger K. N. Bayraktar said...

Dear Jill, I plan to translate the blogs each way, do you think it is a good idea?

11:37 AM  
Blogger Jill Pellarin said...

I would really appreciate that, Kilicaslan, and I think everyone else who comes to this site would too. I have searched the Internet for "translation machines," but they don't seem to exist for Turkish to English (and vice versa). Sometimes I feel frustrated--I want to ask Candan herself to translate for me! I continue to be amazed at what fluency she had in English. I would never have known that she was not an American teenager.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home