Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's spring here, Candan

The seasons move on. We all get a little older, except for you, sweetheart, forever young. I haven't written in a while, swamped as usual with copyediting work, but I write now to tell you that you're in my thoughts every day, nevertheless, no matter how busy or filled with deadlines the day always seems to be.

Suddenly I looked up from my work today, and I missed you. It's getting close to graduation time at Connecticut College, and I see in my mind's eye the beautiful young lady who should be smilling her brilliant smile, crossing the stage to shake hands with the new president and take her diploma in biology. You will be with us that day, sweetheart.

Much love, Jill

--------------------------

Burada bahar oldu, Candan

Mevsimler ilerliyor. Hepimiz az az yaşlanıyoruz, sen hariç tatlım, sonsuza kadar genç kalacak sen hariç. Bir süredir yazmadım, her zamanki gibi metin düzenleme işinin batağına saplanmıştım, ama şimdi yazıyorum sana her gün düşüncelerimde olduğunu söylemek için, her şeye karşın, gün her zaman ne kadar yoğun ve yetiştirilmesi gereken işlerle dolu olsa bile…

Bugün birden işten başımı kaldırdım ve seni özledim. Connecticut College’de mezuniyet zamanı yaklaşıyor. Zihnimin gözünde ışıl ışıl gülümsemesini gülümseyen, yeni rektörle el sıkışmak ve biyoloji diplomasını almak için sahneyi uçtan uca geçen genç güzel hanımefendiyi görüyorum.

O gün bizimle olacaksın tatlım.

Çok çok sevgiler…

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home